Now in its 12th year the Grayshott Village Archive has moved its bi-annual ‘Friends’ evenings to the new location of the Grayshott Social Club. Having outgrown the available space at Grayshott Pottery the new venue proved to be very popular with the 50 members attending.
The evening’s guest speaker was Stephen Penny Chairman of Grayshott Village Hall who presented a most informative illustrated talk on the history of the Hall.
Funded by local benefactors and opened in 1902 the Village Hall has provided the community with excellent facilities for meetings, stage productions and numerous other activities ever since.
Following Stephen’s talk Richard Peskett who is the Archive ‘Friends’ Secretary and had organised the evening, presented a selection of photographs from the Archive showing the commercial development of Grayshott in Headley Road and Crossways Road during the past 110 years.
The evening was complemented with a raffle and refreshments were most ably provided by Jan and John Bebbington and thanks given to the Social Club for the free use of their facilities.
For more about the history of Grayshott and the work of the Archive please visit www.grayshott-archive.org.uk