Grayshott celebrated St George’s Day in traditional style with an afternoon Tea Party in the Square.
Hundreds of villagers came along to enjoy a cream tea accompanied by jazz duo Mike Deighan & Richard White.
There was plenty to go around thanks to the many volunteers who had brought along fresh baked scones go together with the jam and cream donated by Sainsbury’s.
Donations for the teas together with the proceeds of the raffle organised by Dick Smith raised an amazing £920 for Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice
This community event was organised by the Square Coffee Group led by Colin Thompson who thanked everyone involved at the end.
With many thanks to;
- Grayshott Parish Council for their kind permission for using the square
- The many volunteers who baked fresh scones
- Sainsbury’s for donating the cream and jam
- Village Cafe for donating tea bags, milk, sugar, water, napkins and doing the washing up
- Cheryl & Pam for being wonderful tea ladies
- Vanessa for her lovely table decorations
- Warren Powell Richards for printing flyers and posters
- Pins & Needles for donating material and space to make bunting
- The Volunteer stitchers for making all the wonderful bunting
- The Gurkha Durbar for the loan of their giant England Flag
- Party in Grayshott for lending us their marquees
- The men for helping to put up and take down the marquees and setting up.
- The Grayshott Market for lending us their chairs
- Grayshott Social Club for lending us their tables. tea urn, cups and saucers
- St Luke’s Church for lending us their tables, tea urn, cups and saucers
- Grayshott Village Hall for lending us their tea pots
- grayshott.com for sponsoring the jazz duo ‘Pharsalian’ aka Mike Deighan & Richard White
- Anyone else we’ve forgotten
Here are some more pictures of the day – see the full collection on Flickr