East Hampshire District Authority have started work on Part 3 of the Local Plan. They have produced an early consultation document to enable communities to get involved and to raise suggestions on the scope and content of Part 3. The consultation runs to 16th May 2016 and full details can be found here:
Part 3 will look at a number of areas that are of interest to Grayshott, such as:
• The health of the District’s shopping centres, boundaries of shopping centres, criteria for assessing a change of use proposal from ‘A’ Use Classes.
• Policies to support sustainable communities that include guidance on assessing residential extensions, conversions, sub-divisions. Part 3 will contain detailed planning policies on issues that are relevant to dealing with planning applications.
• Community facilities and open space requirements.
• Identifying needs and locations for care for the elderly, affordable housing and starter homes.
• Heritage policies covering conservation areas, listed buildings, areas of special housing character.
• Local gaps and settlement policy boundaries.
The Parish Council will be discussing the consultation document at the Planning and Conservation Committee meeting on 5th May at 7.30pm in the Timothy Rooms, St Luke’s Church. Members of the public are invited to attend. The Parish Council would welcome your views or questions on the document by contacting us directly (see below) or at the meeting on 5th May.