St Joseph’s Church Grayshott

St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church is a very light and beautiful Grade 2 listed building erected in 1911.

A small, modern Catholic church, with a pretty sanctuary and a life size figure of the Risen Christ hidden at the rear of the church view.

Near the church was the Convent of the Cenacle [now closed] and during the First World War one wing of it was used as a Canadian military hospital.

With just 25 beds the nuns treated 835 cases and ninety-five Roman Catholic Canadian soldiers who died locally during the First World War are buried in St Joseph’s churchyard.

Grayshott Village Archive Featured Article: St Joseph’s Roman Catholic Church