Local beauty spot with lovely walks around ponds, streams and waterfalls
Waggoners Wells is a series of large ponds linked by streams and waterfalls originally created in the 17th Century and it is believed they were originally intended as hammer ponds to serve the local iron industry.
Waggoners Wells was acquired by the National Trust in 1919 and dedicated to the memory of Sir Robert Hunter (1844-1913) the founder of The National Trust in 1895 .
Nearby is a wishing well, mentioned by Flora Thompson in her writings of the locality.
Access to Waggoners Wells by car is via Waggoners Wells Road which turns off Headley Road west of the village.
There is a large car park with free parking but please do not leave any valuables in your car.
The Friends of Ludshott and Passfield Commons are people who love their local open spaces and beauty spots (owned by the National Trust), and are willing to support their upkeep by subcribing £5.00 pa. A local volunteer NT committee administers the Friends, who may, or may not, be NT members, and produces for them a twice yearly newsletter Commons Link. Events are organised where Friends can have the opportunity to meet the Wardens.
National Trust ‘quiet man’ Sir Robert Hunter remembered By Tanya Gupta BBC News 3 November 2013
View Grayshott Countyside in a larger map